Thales and SCADE: In the Cockpit
With 13,000 employees worldwide, Thales Aerospace is the leading international electronics and systems group, addressing defense, aerospace and securities markets worldwide. As a result of this strong international presence, Thales is the leader in innovative cockpit solutions.
Thales has developed cockpit display systems on many Airbus aircraft including the Airbus A340-500/600, A380, A400M, A350 cockpit display systems. The company has also developed cockpit display systems for many regional and business jets and helicopters. Thales uses Esterel Technologies’ SCADE Suite and SCADE Display to develop these display systems.
Thales uses both SCADE Suite and SCADE Display because:
- They are highly configurable, allowing for the possibility to develop supplementary tools and checks in order to comply with project proprietary methodologies,
- They easily integrates with proprietary libraries developed with another language like C,
- They allow for early validation and debugging of specifications along with legibility and maintainability of specifications,
- Included WYSIWIG capabilities and internal checks take into account performance optimization,
- They come with qualified DO-178B Level A code generators.