Academic Product Technical Support
We provide technical support to ANSYS Academic Program Members online via the ANSYS SCADE Academic Portal.
ANSYS Academic Program Members have access to tutorials, training materials notes, FAQs, knowledge resources, product documentation, best practice guides, academic specific content and technical support.
Access to the ANSYS SCADE Academic Portal is only provided to academic customers that have ANSYS SCADE Academic products that are currently on support or lease.
ANSYS reserves the right to deny access to the ANSYS SCADE Academic Portal at its own discretion.
Scope of Academic Technical Support:
The scope of our academic product technical support includes the following:
- Assistance with downloading and installing ANSYS SCADE Academic software.
- Assessment of training needs for product areas that are unfamiliar to you. Priority will be given to trained users.
- General help in interpreting information within the documentation and online resources.
Note that the scope of our academic product technical support does NOT include the following, unless stated explicitly in the Sales Proposals:
- Understanding your workflows and system-level requirements and learning how the ANSYS technology can be most effectively utilized.
- Advice on how best to apply the ANSYS SCADE Academic products to your specific application.
- Writing and/or debugging scripts, user coding or functions to extend or customize the standard products.
- Advice on interpretation of results.
- Advice on project planning, such as time scales, hardware requirements, etc.
- Troubleshooting issues related to convergence and accuracy of solutions obtained through custom coding or functions.
- Setting up or troubleshooting issues associated with your computer hardware configuration and third party (non-ANSYS, Inc.) software
- Face-to-face training (or any form of training where you are interacting live with an instructor, such as remote classroom). Note that we provide video tutorials, written documents, users’ guide, manuals, training slides and tutorial/lab materials and other material in the ANSYS SCADE Academic Portal. If you still require training with an ANSYS, Inc. qualified instructor, then such training is available at an additional charge, please contact your ANSYS SCADE sales account manager to discuss your requirements.
We reserve the right to decline technical support to academic customers seeking frequent technical support (i.e. overuse of our technical support). Please allow us a reasonable amount of time to respond to your support requests & ensure that your support request falls within the scope detailed above.
Contacting Technical Support:
How you contact us for technical support is based on how you purchased the ANSYS SCADE Academic products and what academic products you need support on:
- Purchased ANSYS SCADE Academic product directly from ESTEREL TECHNOLOGIES: e-mail your question to email@example.com
- Purchased ANSYS SCADE Academic product from a Channel Partner: Contact that Channel Partner for technical support.