From Model-Based System Engineering to certified embedded control and display software with SCADE System
Tasked with the development of complex embedded systems that integrate hardware, interacts with other subsystems and integrate software that must be developed according to high quality standart such as DO-178B, EN50128, IEC61508? Difficulties in making system engineering and software engineering teams to collaborate because of different culture and tools used? This presentation introduces a solution, based on standards, SysML for system modeling and on the renowned SCADE Suite® product from Esterel Technologies for the development of DO-178B certified software components. This solution, named SCADE System™, allows system and software engineers to work with the right formalism for their respective domains, but improve cooperation because of:
- A unified tool framework, allowing technology sharing for API based scripts for e.g. cross verifications between System and Software models,
- The same requirements traceability and documentation generation tools,
- A synchronization mechanism for the data that are at the frontier between the two engineering domains.
The presentation details, in particular, how this solution can be applied in the system and software engineering processes evolving in parallel in industrial projects, and how the work in the system and software engineering can be synchronized.
- Support good pratices in System Engineering, based for example on ARP4754 guidelines with:
- Functional decomposition
- Architecture decomposition
- Allocation of functions to components
- Simple System engineering concepts, hidden underlying technology, still SysML compliant
- Demonstration of a Model Based solution for the development of critical embedded Systems
- Ensure efficient system development lifecyle process with tool supported traceability, automatic documentation generation, model diff
- Ensure consistency between Software components interface with System design