SCADE® – IEC 60880 Compliant
Rising safety and reliability requirements, the impact of Fukushima, impacts of plant lifetime extensions and dismantlement along with next-generation program costs and schedules and compliance with nuclear safety requirements are reshaping the nuclear I&C markets.
Nuclear companies develop Key Business Initiatives to extend plant lifetime through I&C upgrades, increase the availability of these I&C systems, ensure that program management is under control, while utilizing advanced technologies and software based systems, which help to guarantee compliance with nuclear safety requirements.
These Key Business Initiatives have a deep impact on Product Development Processes, with extremely high dependability required of protection systems, very high dependability required of process control systems, which have thousands of input signals and functions and equally high confidence in the appropriateness of functional requirements specification, taking into consideration all what can happen at process level and operators behaviors.
Esterel Technologies mission is to provide products, solutions and services to meet these requirements and enable the implementation of Best Practices: model-based systems engineering; requirements engineering (functional, QoS, regulatory); streamlined plant (process) and I&C design; tool-supported I&C systems engineering; integrated, HFE-based engineering and validation of critical HSIs; and high accuracy co-simulation of plant processes and I&C systems.
Production-Proven International Success
Esterel Technologies provides production proven, model-based development solutions for critical systems and software engineers developing nuclear I&C applications that reduce cost, risk and time-to-certification.
Esterel Technologies’ industry leading products have been certified by TÜV SÜD for IEC 61508 to SIL 3 and have demonstrated full compliance with IEC 61508 derivatives, including IEC 60880 for Instrumentation & Control.
Unique IEC 60880 Compliance Kit
Esterel Technologies has developed an IEC 60880 Compliance Kit, available here for download (abstract):
|IEC 60880 Compliance Kit|
The SCADE Suite IEC 60880 Compliance Kit collects all the evidence, focusing on language and KCG:
- Compliance Analysis of SCADE Suite to IEC 60880 standard
- Compliance Analysis of SCADE Suite to IEC 61508 standard
- Tool Accomplishment Summary
- Software Configuration Index for FQ/R
- Tool Qualification Plan of SCADE KCG
- Installation Procedure of SCADE KCG
- Tool Operational Requirements
- Scade 6 Language Reference Manual
Nuclear applications developed using the SCADE product family
Nuclear programs using the SCADE product family
SCADE Solution Benefits
- Improves communication among system/software teams, customer, manufacturer, suppliers, certification authorities
- Model-based design as a common graphical language
- Improves long-term maintainability of applications
- Model maintenance vs. code maintenance
- Hardware, RTOS and platform independence
- Executable specifications increase understanding
- Ensures documentation quality and accuracy
- Automatically produced and synchronized from formal models
- Enables process agility
- Understanding the effects of requirements changes
- Extensive re-use of models and libraries
- Enables early detection of design flaws
- Automatic model verification and simulation
- Reduces development and verification costs
- Low-level testing is suppressed due to code generation qualification credits
- Nuclear safety standards compliance and risk mitigation
- IEC 60880 compliance