SCADE® – EN 50128 Certified up to SIL 3/4 and EN 50128:2011 Ready
Rising energy costs, competition from low cost airlines, demand for enhanced passenger experience, competition in mature markets, fast growth of capacity requirements in emerging markets, increasing certification costs and delays, obsolescence of infrastructure and interoperability requirements are reshaping the rail transportation markets.
Rail operators and suppliers develop Key Business Initiatives to integrated traffic management to optimize the use of transport capacity and speed, while reducing energy consumptions and emissions, implement widely automatic train controls, improve signaling technology to allow greater traffic density without compromising safety and improve rolling stock capacity and efficiency.
These Key Business Initiatives have a deep impact on Product Development Processes. Ever increasing regulatory compliance and V&V requirements, such as the new EN 50128:2011 standard, place a strong emphasis on Software-Based Controls, Driver-Machine Interfaces and Power Electronics. The need to master complexity fosters the adoption of Model-Based Systems Engineering, in an effort to master complexity and enable multidisciplinary collaboration.
Production-Proven International Success
Esterel Technologies provides production proven, model-based development solutions for critical systems and software engineers that reduce cost, risk, and time-to-certification.
Esterel Technologies’ industry leading products have been certified by TÜV SÜD, EBA and CERTIFER for EN 50128 to SIL 3/4.
Our rail customers include Alstom Transportation, Ansaldo STS, AREVA TA, CASCO, Hollysys, Invensys Rail, Kyosan, NIIAS, POSCON , RATP, Samsung SDS, Siemens Mobility and Thales Rail Signaling Systems, to name just a few.
Unique EN 50128 Handbook
Esterel Technologies has developed a unique EN 50128 Methodology Handbooks, available here for download:
|EN 50128 Handbooks|
This handbook includes development and verification steps and a set of design guidelines for developing efficient models and generating efficient code, such as:
- Model-based development with SCADE
- Model and Code optimization
- Timing & Stack Optimization
- Simulation and Model Test Coverage
- Formal verification
- Automatic code generation with KCG
- C compiler verification activities
Rail Transportation applications developed using the SCADE product family
Rail Transportation applications
Rail Transportation Programs using the SCADE product family
Rail Transportation Programs
|BrazilSao Paulo MetroChinaNanjing subway Line 2Beijing subway Changping Line
Cottbus transportation system
Hong Kong subway
|PortugalPorto subwayRussiaRussian Railways (RZD)
British Rail (Cambrian and Ester lines)
SCADE Solution Benefits
- Improves communication among system/software teams, customer, suppliers and certification authorities
- Model-based design as a common graphical language
- Improves long-term maintainability of applications
- Model maintenance vs. code maintenance
- Hardware, RTOS and platform independence
- Executable specifications increase understanding
- Ensures documentation quality and accuracy
- Automatically produced and synchronized from formal models
- Enables early detection of design flaws
- Automatic model verification and simulation
- Reduces development and verification costs
- Low-level testing is suppressed due to code generation qualification credits
- Enables Product Line development
- Generation of multiple applications EN 50128 Certification
- EN 50128 code generators certified as a development tool
up to SIL 3/4
- Model coverage and automatic documentation generator certified as verification tools